Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bright Week brief update

Hristos a-nviat!

The semester is slowly drawing to a close and, as a result, time is getting short. There is always more that I would like to know, to read, to absorb. However, there is only so much that I can do and there is no way to know everything. I guess that is where prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit come in.

In the end, I was happy with the way Holy Week came out on my end. I wasn't perfect chanting, but I think I did quite well. I tried to get the other students involved as well, but there was only time for one brief rehearsal for Holy Thursday. That helped - they were much more helpful and I could hear them more that evening. Maybe in next year I can continue Fr. Costin's practice from this year of having a weekly chant practice.

**Sidenote** I find it interesting how sometimes I say something the full meaning of which only becomes apparent upon further thought. Today I was talking to a classmate - about a variety of things - and he said I did well for Holy Week. I replied that maybe now that I know I can do well, I can try to help others get better. I followed it up with "It's not fun if I'm good at something and don't share it with others." Come to think of it, I've been acting on that principle all my life, though not always in a conscious manner (not a good thing :). So I'm glad I got that part figured out.

Time for Vespers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home