Thursday, March 10, 2005

Spring break

This weeks is spring break, even though it looks more like Christmas break around here. We had another snow storm on Tuesday night, so everything is nice and icy.

One of the interesting parts about breaks is that you never know how many students are going to be around. So I can wake up for one of our customary 6:30 services only to be called upon to chant for Matins and Liturgy. Now there's a nice surprise to start the day (I love chanting).

The basketball seasons are both over. The team I helped coach lost in the final by two points yesterday. They played hard and had a couple of chances to win or send the game to overtime, but it wasn't to be. It was interesting to note how much the game meant. A couple of our players were quite upset at losing and trying to find blame for the loss. I wanted to talk about it afterwards - to see what their thoughts were, but most left quite quickly, so I only got to talk briefly with two of them. I wish I had more time - it's rare that the chance arises to get a glimpse into their thoughts and yesterday was perhaps the best one. Unfortunately the season's over, so I'll have to see if I can talk to some of them on Sundays after Liturgy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home