Friday, May 06, 2005

The absent-minded professor

Among the many ten-page papers that need to be written in the M.Div. program at Holy Cross, there was also this one. I enjoyed writing it, so as far as I am concerned, the grade does not matter. Still, I was curious whether the professor had any comments. Today, he brought some papers to return to us, but mine was not among them. After class, I went to him and asked about it. The response was something along the lines of "Why do you worry about it? It was a good paper." I said, "I'm not worried about it; I'm just curious about your comments. Could I come by your office to get it?" He said, "Yeah, come by."

When I got to his office, there were a couple of other people there and a lot of papers on the desk (which very much reminded me of my desk at Notre Dame, as well as of a sticker a professor from Midwestern State had on his desk: "A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind."). It took a little bit before he found the paper. He paused... he looked at it... and he said, "You know, I haven't read this one yet."

3 Comments:

Blogger TeaLizzy said...

Gee, I wonder which professor that could possibly be!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Philippa said...

Came across your blog via Journeyman James. It was fun to read about life in the seminary.

My first spiritual father was from Romania. He is priest in North Carolina in the GOA Diocese of the south. He was the best priest! He chrismated me September 2004. I miss him terribly since moving to Pennsylvania.

I shall be back to visit often!

3:15 AM  
Blogger Virgil Petrisor said...

Life at the seminary is quite an experience - so far it has been really enjoyable and very much an opportunity to learn. I try to relate the interesting/funny bits here, when I don't get caught into the theology trap (see my latest post for an illustration :)

in Christ,
vp

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home