Friday, May 20, 2005

Finals grumbling

I'm behind on replies and posts, but I have only one more exam and I'll try to catch up after that. Now for the grumbling. If I were an elephant, the New Testament exam would have gone much better. As it is, I tried to be too smart for my own good. The exam instructions said "The passages requiring identification and comment will bre related, to the fullest degree possible, to the particular circumstances and issues of a specific NT book." Sadly, since I can't remember passages word for word, I tried looking into the passage for clues and I found the wrong one...

"Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about"

Since in class we focused on 1 Peter as the epistle that most deals with suffering, I said 1 Peter. I should have looked at Job -> righteousness -> James. grumble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home