Monday, August 21, 2006

Greek inspiration

Today was one of those days when the brain kept short-circuiting. It started in chapel, when I asked: "Today is the 21st, right?" and promptly turned the Menaion to the Kontakion and Ikos of the 22nd. It continued with me picking up the scissors to cut some index cards in two, putting it on the table and starting to put it back in its place without having cut anything. It culminated in this exchange in Greek class, upon pondering the fact that the word άτομο can mean both person and atom:

Me: So three atoms walk into a bar. The bartender says: "What will it be?" The first atom replies: "Nothing, my head is spinning." The second atom replies in kind: "Nothing for me, either, I'm already charged." I don't know what the third atom would say...

Dn. A.: "I'll have a double whiskey. I'm feeling negative."

Now this was an extemporaneous exchange... it was that kind of a day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

The third atom said, "Nothing for me either. I think I'm going to split."

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home