Sunday, May 29, 2005

Summer school

I enjoy being able to focus on a few things, rather than try to work on many at the same time. Thus, summer school has been quite enjoyable. I am taking Liturgical Greek. As I mentioned before, I like Greek and I enjoy looking at the intricacies of a language which was in an important process of change between the time of the Septuagint translation and that of the writing of the New Testament.

A second interesting part of summer is that most students are away, which leaves only a few of us in charge of the chapel. It's a learning process and there are still a number of things I need to put on my daily check-up list (not least of which is making sure I look over the hymns for Vespers). I guess there really isn't a better way to learn about the services of the Church than by being directly involved every day and having people who know better make sure everything gets done.

Well, this is my catch-up blog. I'll try and formulate a few thoughts about the liturgical day versus the secular day in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home