Wednesday, December 21, 2005

pre-Christmas

Well, the semester's over and I think I survived. I'll let you know when I find out with certainty. Beyond that, I am hoping my voice returns from its vacation, before this Saturday. I am spending the break mostly learning the Holy Week services in Greek and using the Rosetta Stone for modern Greek. The Rosetta Stone has been going well; the Holy Week services have hit a snag once my voice decided it needed some time away from me. There are a couple of articles I need to finish for OrthodoxWiki and I'll link to them when I finish (hopefully before the end of the year).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats a Rosetta Stone?

1:31 PM  
Blogger Virgil Petrisor said...

In this case, it's a software program for learning languages. I got it as part of the intensive Greek program I took last summer, which is a good thing, because by itself it costs about $300. The program exists for a variety of languages and they claim it's used by all sorts of places (army, nasa, etc.). It's pretty good, so I'm trying to put it to good use.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Virgil Petrisor said...

The program is pretty good. I would keep a dictionary handy, however, because there are a few instances where the pictures don't really portray the concept they are trying to describe. Other than that, I've enjoyed using it.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home