Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ordination

Fr. Andrew seems to be keeping rather close tabs on what is going on in the Orthodox world in America. I hadn't even made it home from the ordination that he had left a comment on a previous post... In any case, June 29, my name day, the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul I was ordained to the holy priesthood as Fr. Peter at St. Paul Greek Orthodox Church in Savannah, Georgia by His Eminence Metropolitan Alexios of Atlanta. It was truly a joy to serve with His Eminence - a bright light in the sort of month I would not wish upon my enemies - and I look forward to my future service in the Church. Below are two pictures from the service.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many years, Father Peter!!!

~neepeople Laura

10:29 PM  
Blogger Athanasia said...

Axios! Axios! Axios!

Many years Fr. Peter! Many years!

Kissing your right hand!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Axios !
Many years, Father Peter !

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're a priest now! Congratulations. I guess I can't think of you as "Deacon Virgil" anymore.

Axios, and many years!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AXIOS my brother in Christ. I already miss you guys.

Many Years to you!
Deacon Athanasios

10:12 AM  
Blogger Fr. Andrew said...

I owe all my American Orthodoxy current events perspicacity to the customizable features of Google News. :)

4:50 PM  
Blogger Adventures of The Homemade Hollandaise said...

Axios, Axios, Axios, Fr. Peter!!! I just read Magda's posts. Fr. Christos and I are so sorry for your losses. May their memories be eternal. We are praying for you both and we love you both and miss you very much! May the Lord always remember your holy priesthood in His kingdom!!!!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Destination Macedonia said...

I am curious to learn the Orthodox Church link with the Hellenic culture. So I've suggested some readings on my blogsite. Could you help me with your comments?

Έρρωσθε

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home