Monday, October 01, 2007

Important lesson they don't teach you at seminary

Yesterday, before the start of service, Fr. James hands me a 9V battery - just in case the one in my portable microphone ran out in the middle of the service. I put it in my pocket and, since the other battery held up just fine, promptly forgot it there. And it could have ended there, if not for the fact that this morning, upon getting to church, I put my keys in the same pocket as the forgotten battery. About ten minutes later my leg started to itch in a rather unusual way. I tried to figure out what was going on and, to my surprise, I found the right side of my pants being rather warm. Baffled, I reached inside the pocket, only to find a very hot 9V battery. Ah, physics and the beauty of short-circuits...

1 Comments:

Blogger Philippa said...

Thanks be to God that your pants didn't start to burn!!

I didn't realize parish life could be so interesting!! :o)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home