Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy new Year

It´s been quite a year and I can only pray that 2006 builds upon the foundation of 2005. Since I last posted, I've managed to get in trouble, thanks to this conversation:

Magda: Hey, look, it's Orion.
Me: It's always about the Irish, isn't it?
Magda: Huh?
Me: O´Ryan.
Magda: Go, run to the top of the hill. This is what you get for making horrible puns.

I've also managed to use 53 eggs in two recipes. One was a Romanian sweet-bread traditionally made at Christmas and Pascha (35 egg yolks for 12 loaves; using the egg whites was quite another adventure). The other was schnitzel and I used 18 more eggs in that. Nothing too exciting there, I just couldn't quite believe the number of eggs used.

There were many "bloggable" moments through the year that got lost either because I forgot them too soon or because I got too wrapped up in work and, while I would like to say that things will be rectified for the new year, I know better. That being said, a blessed new year to all of you.

2 Comments:

Blogger layne (herman) said...

"I've also managed to use 53 eggs in two recipes."

Seeing that I was amazed by the number... hey, remember that seen in Cool Hand Luke when Luke eats all of those eggs?

As the commerical says, "The incredible, eatable egg."

10:29 PM  
Blogger Virgil Petrisor said...

It's been quite a while since I watched Cool Hand Luke, so I don't remember much of it. Maybe it's time to watch it again.

in Christ,
vp

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home