Friday, May 02, 2008

Christ is risen!

It's rather hard to believe it's been a month since I last wrote. It almost goes without saying that it's been a busy month and I loved it. I still haven't gotten a recorder for the sermons... so I'll post some of the things I write for the monthly church bulletin and, maybe, some thoughts on my first Holy Week and Pascha as a priest. In the mean time...

In geeky news, I like being able to do things I'm not supposed to be able to. Specifically, I am talking about talking to a web-hosting tech person about using CSS files in Soholaunch. I was told that it was complicated and I should provide the specs and the company would take care of things. Needless to say, geek that I am, I figured it would be faster if I just figured out how to either use CSS or fake it. After a couple of hours of looking at various pages in Soholaunch-based systems and a brief look at the Soholaunch wiki, I was using my own CSS file in Soholaunch, which did just about everything I needed it to do (complete with Soholaunch menu directives and all that). Truth be told, the way Soholaunch deals with CSS is rather cumbersome, but I've dealt with much worse things in my time of fiddling with computers.

In "I don't know what's good for me" news... Yesterday when Presvytera and I had a doctor's appointment (everything's just fine) and I commented that "I'm in a hurry, so I can't leave the car in the regular parking lot, because that is patient parking and I'm impatient." Or today, when she told me she needed more praises for everything she accomplished today (quite a bit, actually), I launched into: "Πάσα πνοή..." (Let every breath...). It's a good thing I have good reflexes and I can catch the chapstick as it flies towards me :)

And so, life goes on.

1 Comments:

Blogger magda said...

Please add "projectiles" to the shopping list. My desk supply is running low.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home